Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog. Blogolicious. Blogster. Blogstrous.

The question of the day: did I enjoy our blog assignments? Were they useful?
Well, let's see....to be honest, I've always wanted to write a blog about something...anything. I have so many thoughts and ideas in my head. I just want to put them out there and make some room for something else :) I have always wanted to have a journal, but laziness prevailed. I am not talking about my personal  journal where I would reveal my darkest, deepest secrets (hell no! for that I'm gonna write a book later in life j/k), but the one that anybody could read and get to know me better, agree or disagree with me, share their wisdom/knowledge. I want to write about the song I have just heard and fell in love with, about todays sh***y weather, about my job, about  my childhood, about this weird guy I saw today on my way to school (and took a picture of him when he wasn't looking). I guess, I just want to express myself.

So, here is the answer to my "question of the day": yes, I liked our blog assignments. It gave me that push, the motivation that I need to start WRITING (it's not like I want to be a writer, though. It makes a good hobby)! I NEED deadlines, damn it! As much as hard working and persistent I am, if I dont have any deadlines, I feel like I won't accomplish much.
Also, this blog was a great communication tool. I got to know so many classmates just by reading their blogs and exchanging comments! Its like a facebook of MGT 3120. We got to share our class experience and learn from each other. Through this assignments we got a chance to learn about management in a "playful" way, just by interacting with each other and writing about live experience in class. We learned about team work not only by memorizing the definition of what "team work" in a business setting is, but also by accomplishing some extra credit assignments in class. It was also very motivating to know that I can control 20% of the grade just by doing what I enjoy the most: expressing myself and putting my thoughts on "paper".
I will, definitely, continue to blog about life...may be not as often (because I won't have any deadlines), but I ll try to post something interesting once in a while.
Thank you Professor!

9 comments:

  1. HAHA! I know what you mean, laziness prevails always! However, the deadlines were what KILLED ME. Unlike you, I do not feel the need to express my feelings on songs and weather, probably because I just talk and complain out loud about these things. But I'm glad to see that the blog for this class has given you the push that you needed to get going with your writing. Keep it up! It's always good to put your thoughts onto paper! It may make you some money one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog title, "Blog Blogolicious Blogster Blogstrous" haha really creative and funny. Before I give my commentary, I'd like to say I think you poses a great writing style, with a sense of humor....Anyway it's hard to say I disagree or have any criticism of anything you said. I too always wanted to keep a blog but never took the initiative to do it, so i guess we both owe Professor Kurpis a thank you for that little push. I have to agree on the deadlines too, I think they're good and necessary otherwise nobody would have their blog posts in on time. Lastly, I find it interesting you're the only other person, from the previous posts i've read, that said you would continue to blog after this class ends...I agree, i think I will to. I had so much fun doing it, so why should the fun stop here? = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring up a funny and interesting point in comparing this assignment to Facebook. I can definitely see the connection. Maybe if the professor wants to modernize this assignment, he could have people post their blogs on Facebook! This way we will be sharing our experiences with people outside the class and get a even wider range of responses to our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great that this class motivates you to express yourself and to open to a bigger audience. I just hope that your written promise will be the most motivating for you to continue your blog writings. I enjoyed your blog, your openness and truthfulness. I believe that if 20% of your score motivates you to be a great student that may control the grade, a good position prospective will also make you a great employee as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I am definitely in the same "boat" as you are. When i was younger i did write some ideas in a journal (nothing to personal because i knew some mean friend or cousin would read it) but without deadlines i just left it alone after a while. As i got more busy this became less of importance even though i would of liked to continue. I always wondered what this BLOG WORLD was but was to weary on what it entailed or how to do it, but in the future i to think I will try and set up a hopefully intriguing one about an interest or two. Well controlling your grade (this being managing your blog grade) did give me more motivation to stay as up to date as i could with it.

    Good luck on finals! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i find though that with this being a CLASS assignment i didnt feel totally in control because i felt that i didnt want my vernacular to get to colloquial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not like blogging but i did it because i had to. After i understood the point of the blog, i tried to do it all the time. I never thought that i will need to do blogging in any class. Over all was great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the enthusiam lol...N i just wanna say you have an even cooler name than I lol. You make some great points. But unlike you, the deadlines were the end of me. But i dont complain and should have made a better effort in meeting them. So in a sense, ill use this as motivation going forward just like you. It was a pleasure meeting you and wish you luck on the final

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the parrale you draw between Facebook and our class. You kind of right, we do the dame thing on Facebook almost every day: exress ourselves, comment on our frieds entry. Basicallt the same thing we did here. The only difference - we had deadlines. Of course it is a school project, so you needed time constraints. But at the ame time it felt like pushing you to do it.

    ReplyDelete